Wednesday 7 December 2011

Start, Clarens, Drakensberge

Photo blog: Day 1-2

Finished and fitted bike carriers.


Packed and ready to ride on 06-12-2011.



Finding a coffee spot about 20km before Clarens and then getting chased out, I guess I can't just drive into farms when the gate is open.


New coffee spot at some water tunnel project


Watching the sunset from the Golden Gate hotel.


My room for the night, an actual 18-something Ossewa. Thanks to Olie from Clarens Extreme for this awesome room!

The view I woke up to just before we did the Clarens Village Loop mountain bike trail. Mushroom rock
My first coffee shop for the tour and a proper one as well. The very friendly owner, Chris, of Highlands coffee can prepare a very fine cup of brew with his freshly roasted beans.


The start of day 2, the Golden Gate nature reserve, what a nice drive.

Driving up into the Drakensberg from Phuthaditjhaba on my way to Sentinel Peak.




The route to up the Drakensberge.

I thought it's a short drive.. hmmm.

Nice view for crossing my 2000km mark with my Royal Enfield.


Sentinel Peak.

My lunch spot view.



Lunch: Pasta and jelly-babies


Driving past Sterkfontein dam.

Rain showers = coffee time






Tree tunnel.

My camp site next to the Drakensberg Boys Choir. It's such a small world, meeting people from Rustenburg that stay 100m from our house that camped next to me.

I'm working on some videos to post

No comments: